In God We Trust

I noticed on the back of an ambulance the other day that had the inscription "in God we trust". I personally have that on my license plate (no hesitation with picking that one). I notice some license plates have that phrase and others don't, and that's okay. But it's something to think about. The first think I think about when I hear that phrase is, as cheesy as it sounds, the movie Miracle on 34th Street. Ever seen it? I've seen both versions, both incredible. But with the second one, the way they exonerated "Santa" was by showing that phrase was written on our currency. We can't prove that God exists but we believe in it enough that we have it on our money. And isn't that what it's all about anyways? We have to believe in something enough to make it "real". And then God can become real, because we can see it/him/her in everything around us- the people in our life, nature, animals, our children, our experiences, a feeling, a moment of kindness. And maybe in the not so great moments too, we can see God. We are all part of this life experience together. So shouldn't we come together to believe in a "God" that brought us here? Maybe we don't believe in God, or have our doubts or whatever it is and that's okay. I'm not saying I'm right or your wrong. I'm learning there can be gray areas. I had to believe enough in something greater than me when I got sober..to get sober. And I have to continue to believe in that to get me through life "successfully". And really I don't even want to call it successfully because again there's no right or wrong to this. But I just want to get through life...well. yes, well. What does "well" mean to you? In God I trust to continue to see me through.

